“Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini”
Do you see yourself teaching and learning alongside whānau and their tamariki? We are seeking a creative and passionate kaiako to join our team. This position would be best suited to someone early in their teaching career.
Karanga Mai Early Learning Centre is a service of Community Wellbeing North Canterbury Trust providing high-quality culturally responsive education and care for tamariki of both young parents attending Karanga Mai Young Parents College and community whānau, based on Kaiapoi High School grounds.
Our whānau-based service works in partnership with parents/whānau to ensure tamariki thrive. We strive to be a learning community where our whānau feel a sense of ūkaipō and are nurtured to walk confidently in te ao Māori and te ao Pākehā. Through whanaungatanga, aroha, kaitiakitanga and manaakitanga we seek to be a whānau where our tamariki recognise their talents, know they are important, engender pride, unity and belonging.
We are seeking a kaiako with the following attributes:
- A passion for education and a desire to be a part of a learning community.
- Good communication skills, reflective practitioner, contributes to the growth and development of our learning community.
- A commitment to achieving equity for all ākonga and a growing understanding of inclusion is essential for this role.
- An understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the ability to work in ways that are culturally sustaining incorporating te Reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori into everyday life.
- An understanding of Te Whāriki and experience in pedagogical practise.
- An ability to build strong responsive relationships with a focus on whanaungatanga.
- Current Practising Certificate with an ECE qualification
- Strong inter-personal skills and self-awareness
- First Aid certificate is preferred but not essential.
- Flexibility and good time management skills.
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications will only be accepted by emailing your completed Application Form, cover letter and CV to:
Community Wellbeing North Canterbury Trust
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 9th January 2022