Hurunui Community and Family Worker
Full Time Fixed Term to June 2021
We have an exciting role for an intermediate or experienced family and community worker to deliver community and home-based support to children and families facing complex challenges. This role is part of the newly established CDHB Mana Ake initiative in schools. Ideally, you already reside in the Hurunui community.
The Mana Ake – Stronger for Tomorrow initiative aims to work with and through school communities to support families and whānau when children from years one to eight are experiencing ongoing challenges that are impacting their wellbeing.
This role will ideally suit a qualified Social Worker, Nurse, Counsellor, OT, or Teacher with a passion for working with children and families. Experience in child or family mental health settings is advantageous.
- Well connected to relevant Hurunui community networks and resources with an understanding of the innovative and flexible nature of rural service delivery
- Tertiary qualification and experience in social work or counselling
- Membership to an appropriate professional body
- Working knowledge of behaviour and development relating to families and children.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Sound working knowledge of the key agencies that work with families in the health, education and community sectors.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise information technology including case management systems
- Confident to work both independently and alongside others who are working in the Hurunui District
To apply, please go to our website and download the job description and application for employment form: www.wellbeingnc.org.nz/who-we-are/vacancies/
Applications will only be accepted by emailing your completed application form, cover letter and CV to:
Community Wellbeing North Canterbury Trust
Clinical Team Leader at: email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 26th August 2018
Application Form and Job Description below: