Karanga Mai is a centre that:
- Stimulates a love of learning
- Provides a holistic approach to education and care where by the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and cultural well-being of the child and their whanau is promoted.
- Recognises that learning occurs through experiences, and being able to explore, make connections and learn from and alongside others.
- The community atmosphere at Karanga Mai supports children's knowledge, skills and dispositions towards viewing themselves as competent confident learners.
- Provides an environment where the special characteristics of each child is catered for through: warm loving, respectful relationships, supporting children's interests and being open minded to all learning opportunities.